WHAT IS MACRA?
MACRA created the Quality Payment Program that:
- Repeals the Sustainable Growth Rate formula
- Changes the way that Medicare rewards clinicians for value over volume
- Streamlines multiple quality programs under the new Merit Based Incentive Payments System (MIPS)
- Gives bonus payments for participation in eligible alternative payment models (APMs)
WHAT IS CHRONIC CARE MANAGEMENT?
According to CMS, “An estimated 117 million adults have one or more chronic health conditions, and one in four adults have two or more chronic health conditions.” The Chronic Care Management Services Program offers reimbursement for health care providers that furnish care coordination and care management to those Medicare patients suffering from multiple chronic conditions. Chronic Care Management is defined by the services done outside the regular office visit including:
- 20 or more minutes of care management services
- Care plans that are personalized based on the patient’s individual needs and goals
- Follow-up from providers in between regular office visits to keep the patient on the right track, monitor progress, and offer help setting and meeting health goals
- Access to a health care professional 24/7
MedConnectHealth’s Chronic Care Management module allows providers to keep their focus on improving patient engagement and quality of care while increasing revenue for the practice. Participation in the CMS Chronic Care Management Program also increases the potential incentives practices can earn from the Merit-based Incentive Payment System. In order to be eligible for incentive payments, providers must maintain compliance with the program provisions. Doing this can become time consuming and complicated, but it doesn’t have to be. Our CCM module provides an easy-to-use documentation tool that records staff activity while automatically calculating coordination of care activity for a given month. Additional features include pinpointing eligible patients that meet CMS criteria using accessible grids, and the ability to print and export reports.
The MedConnectHealth Chronic Care Management module will help ensure those requirements are met, while also boosting patient health and overall satisfaction. Some of the features include:
- Generate patient list based on qualifying diagnoses
- Alert indicating patient is eligible for CCM when performing qualifying actions
in the patient chart
- Quickly record actions performed
- Customizable action types
- Automatically create billing charges each month to transmit to Medicare
Through customizable templates and clinical tools within our EHR, we can provide efficient and effective solutions for your own practice’s transition to an EHR system.